Saturday, April 18, 2009

You really don't get out of life alive . . .

I travel a total of four hours (two hours both ways) on Austin's shitty public transportation system to get to a job I work for only 3.75 hours a day. I am paid 11.00 an hour. It's a gross understatement to say that I am underemployed. I spend all of my time putting stickers on books and metal shelves in a cooled High Density Storage facility. I am learning how to use a warehouse cherry picker. That's what I do to make around $150.00 a week. If I think about it too much it makes me want to cry. I don't because I realize any kind of money is better than no kind of money if I want to get the fuck out of this shit hole known as the State of Texas. With the exception of one misogynistic blowhard who fancies himself a "writer" and tries to tell me how to do a job he himself was also just recently hired to do, I get along with my coworkers. I am the only female. There are no attractive people for me to ogle. But then again, I am not attractive, so there is no point in concentrating on the lack of worthwhile eye candy.

I am especially eager to get out of this hole before the government proceeds to do anything more humiliating than the statements which have recently made the national headlines. Oh you know, this state's dumb ass governor's comments about "leaving the union." All for the sake of "Tea Baggers" rights. If I had a pair of balls I could give you idiots something to tea bag alright. But it's a good thing for you all that I could give a shit what happens to this dumb state. I feel absolutely no connection to Texas. None. Nada. Zilch. This place has not ever done a fucking thing to make my life better. Flat, hot, dry, and ugly--that's Texas! Can you believe that people actually get the shape of this fucking place tattooed onto their bodies? I'd die a million deaths before I did anything so idiotic to myself. And I don't want to get started on Austin again. A fine city that freaks out in the presence of black people (See the recent incidents when several business establishments and clubs decided to close early for "safety" during a weekend when an influx of African Americans were in town for an annual track meet. Why? Because apparently ONE person was killed last year. I don't like it that someone was killed, but really, closing down malls and bars? How funny that this shit little town did not decide to close down when South by Southwest had the streets overrun with hipster douches. Fucking racists.)

This was a horrible blog.

No comments: