Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Screw it.

So, I am 99.9% sure that I did not get the job with the non-profit.

No surprise there.

I am completely and utterly morally deflated. I have decided not to look for work any longer. And the volunteer opportunities I'd met to learn more about, I'm not too interested in that either. I need money. I don't give a shit about networking. I need money.

So, I'm committing myself to a life of sitting on my ass in my mother's spare bedroom. I'm going to stay up all night, sleep all day, read books, and that will be that.

I'm probably not going to be blogging much. What more is there to say really?

I hate Texas. I hate Austin. I hate my life. I hate. There. The End.

If anything interesting happens it's actually not that interesting if only because it's happening to me.

I wish you all the best of luck. Remember, sometimes life really does suck that bad! And there is not always a benefit to thinking "positively." Screw that shit, too.

4 comments:

AK said...

That's pretty much how I felt when I didn't get the last nonprofit job I had an interview for. Do these people not realize how amazing we are? They are morons. :)

Perhaps you should apply for a job at a smoothie place. It seems to be good karma.

being stalked said...

maybe you should try your hand at writing for the public - maybe a book or a public, newsy blog?

AK said...

Maybe if we weren't such lazy stoners, we could write something good together!

BonBon! said...

Agree with AK . . . I'm too lazy to be useful.

But if we could share a brain we could probably take over the world AK and I.